Monday, June 23, 2014

Setting up Server and Client

Hey! Daniel writing,
Today’s post is mostly technical, again.

Possibly I will have a second programmer soon, who will help me do stuff quicker, so I can focus on more aspects of the game, rather than just programming.

In the last week I've been focusing on core aspects of design and efficient server architecture. So far, I've set up gitbucket and dynamic library dependencies for client and server. I've chosen Kryonet for simple tcp/udp object sending between server and client. It is easily scalable through a great and simple API with really quick serialization. Tomorrow, I am going to focus on connecting and sending map data over TCP.

Below you can find some trees in their current state. They are placeholders and will change once the art style gets chosen. This will be decided after pre-alpha I think.


Well that's it for today.


Have a good day~!


No comments:

Post a Comment