Friday, June 20, 2014

Rewriting the game


Hey, Daniel here,
Yesterday, after battling with lights, XNA/MonoGame, shaders, and GUI, I've decided to switch back to LibGDX. Dunno why I’d decided to use XNA/MonoGame in the first place...

Below you can find the list of reasons for switching over to LibGDX from XNA/MonoGame:
MonoGame uses terrible shaders.
MonoGame is DirectX/OpenGL, so I don't really have control over these, unless I really exhaust myself searching through their code. I have also never used DirectX.
No GUI in MonoGame/XNA, LibGDX has one of the most awesome GUI systems I've ever seen.
I have more experience in using LibGDX.
LibGDX allows me to use low level functions of OpenGL, while still having big, high level API.
Once again LibGDX GUI.
I can use box2dlights in LibGDX.
I had experience with box2dlights before.
LibGDX API ++++++
MonoGame/XNA content pipeline...
I would find more reasons but I don't really want to waste time, going to code~!

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment